Over the last few years, cruising over the Christmas Holiday or celebrating New Years at Sea have been two of the most popular times of the year to cruise. Below is an article released by CruiseDeals.com listing the top 10 reasons to book a holiday cruise this season. Click Here for the Best Holiday Cruise Deals.
Holiday Cruising with CruiseDeals.com
11.25.2009 – Charlotte, NC, With the holidays quickly approaching, there is still time to consider enjoying the festivities and your loved ones on a stress-free cruise vacation. Here are the top ten reasons why you should cruise through the holidays:
1. Hang up your apron. You don’t have to entertain, cook or clean up while onboard a cruise, unless you are singing karaoke for your friends, or participating in a culinary lesson onboard. Let the cruise lines worry about preparing your special holiday meals, or rather, all of your meals since all of your food is included in the price of your cruise. Many cruise lines offer special holiday cuisine and treats during a holiday sailing such as cookies and hot cocoa up on deck.
2. Spend quality time together as a family. A cruise allows family members and even extended family and friends to spend time together through fun activities on the ship and excursions in the ports of call. Many large families may evensplit up to pursue their own interests during the day and meet up for dinner every evening back on the ship. Whether you choose to enjoy a walk on the deck together, play miniature golf, watch a movie, or catch a show, it’s a nice time to connect with your family members.
3. Save money. CruiseDeals.com has been able to reduce rates dramatically in order to sell the remaining 2009 cabins. So this year, you can actually afford to take a cruise this holiday season. Holiday cruises are typically expensive, but this year you can celebrate the season onboard for the first time at very affordable rates. Now is the time to possibly try out a new cruise line or a new ship at these rare low prices.
4. Embrace the diversity of activities. There is such a variety of events and activities on most cruise ships geared for all different generations that no one in your family will be bored. Many ships offer a range of special kids clubs, teen zones, arcades, and outdoor sports and recreation areas for the kids and the young at heart to stay busy, while keeping the adults entertained at the pool, in the spa and fitness center, or perhaps in the casino. CruiseSpecialists.com offers an array of last-minute luxury cruises over the holidays that appeal to grandma and grandpa and the entire family.
5. Take in the beautiful holiday decorations. There’s no better way to get into the holiday spirit than by walking around a ship adorned with twinkling lights and dazzling greenery.
6. Enjoy the special holiday events onboard. You can listen to holiday carolers, see a special seasonal performance, or visit with Santa and his reindeer. Many ships also hold religious services that you and your family can attend onboard.
7. Give your kids some attention. A holiday cruise is a great option for families because the kids are out of school, and many parents are already planning to take the week off from work to care for them. Your kids will get your undivided attention, learn a little geography and enjoy new experiences.
8. Celebrate New Years at sea. Most cruise lines go all out for New Years Eve parties, and the best part is, you can safely celebrate on the ship and not need to worry about driving home afterwards.
9. Escape the cold. Nothing beats catching some warm rays on the sundeck with your family when you know it is 15 degrees back home in the Midwest.
10. Bond with your family. A holiday cruise allows you to bond with your family, and perhaps start a new annual holiday tradition. You will create fun vacation memories everyone will cherish.