Jess and I are preparing to leave for the Costa Deliziosa Inaugural cruise departing Venice on February 1, 2010. I’ve cruised on several inaugural sailings: the Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, & the Oasis of the Seas. All of these inaugural events occurred after the ships crossed the Atlantic. The Costa Deliziosa will be special because Costa is taking ownership of the Deliziosa from the Marghera (Venice) Shipyard on January 29th and we will be among her first passengers on January 31st. We’ll be giving her a spin up around the Italian Coast, visiting Naples, Livorno, and Savona. Jess is excited because Italy is her dream destination and she can’t believe we are actually leaving in 4 days… I’m a cruise geek so I am excited about being among the first passengers on the Costa Deliziosa. And I’m excited to experience Costa Cruise Lines for the first time. Of course I will be tweeting from the Deliziosa. I’ll be one of the first to upload pictures and videos from the ship. The Features of the Costa Deliziosa:
92,600 gross tons
2,260 Double Occupancy Capacity
Along with her sister ship, the Costa Luminosa, she will be the fleet’s “flagship,” offering the most exclusive and innovative elements in the fleet, designed for Costa’s most discerning clientele.
- These innovations include the ship’s avant-garde design and the use of premium materials, such as various type of marbles, granite, mother-of-pearl and Murano glass, stucco applied by spatula using the technique known as “spatolato veneziano” and other decorative interior finishes including “parchment scroll” lamé, refined Zebrano wood and Wenge timber.
- The stunning atrium features fine works of art, including “Sphere” by Arnaldo Pomodoro and a piece by Mario Donizetti.
- A 4-D cinema, where sight, sound, touch and scent come together to form a multisensory experience for guests. It also features seats that roll in tandem with action as it unfolds onscreen.
- A rollerskating track will allow guests to try roller skating with strap-and-go “Skorpion” skates that attach to one’s shoes.
- The golf simulator, where guests will be able to play golf in one of the world’s top 37 most famous golf courses while at sea.
- A Grand Prix race car driving simulator, one of the most accurate representations of Formula One racing available.
- PlayStation World areas, exclusive dedicated areas equipped with PS3 consoles and the latest-generation videogames. Themed evenings and challenges on a mega-screen overlooking the pool deck will also be planned with PlayStation and guests may enjoy PS3 games from the comfort of their cabin with on-demand games for rent.
- The exclusive “Samsara Spa” wellness center, complete with cabins featuring direct access to the spa and Technogym Kinesis rooms.
- The à la carte restaurant Club Deliziosa will feature the very best traditional Italian cuisine and quality ingredients with menus created by Ettore Bocchia, Executive Chef at the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni in Bellagio and a Michelin-Star restaurateur.
- An exclusive wine selection includes Amarone Stella Aneri Special Reserve 2004, a limited edition wine produced and matured in 15 barrels set aside for Costa’s ships.
- Entertainment options include the lounge acts in the Excite Piano Bar, dancing in the Sharãzãd disco, a chocolate bar in the Sugar Cafeteria, the Tabac Blonde Cigar Lounge, and Broadway-style revues in the Duse Theatre.