Cruiser’s Guide to San Francisco
One of the most popular port cities in the world is San Francisco and with the newly renovated Grand Princess moving to the City by the Bay in March 2013 offering cruises to Mexico, Hawaii, and Alaska, we wanted to share with you our Guide to San Francisco taken directly from our FREE eBook, “Cruiser’s Guide to US Port Cities”. Click to download eBook.
San Francisco Cruiser’s Guide
We’ve researched and recommended the best hotels, restaurants, and attractions according to three different price ranges. This guide will help you set an agenda quickly and use your time in the city having fun instead of deciding what to do!
- $ Beresford Arms 701 Post Street San Francisco, CA 94102 | 415-673-2600 - The Beresford Arms has been named the National Register of Historic Places because of Victorian charm and modern amenities. Just a short walk away from Union Square, Chinatown, the financial district and more!
- $$ Hyatt Regency San Francisco 5 Embarcadero Center San Francisco, CA 9411 | 415-788-1234 – Located in the Financial District, this hotel overlooks the Bay across from the Ferry Building and is surrounded with restaurants and entertainment. The magnificent lobby atrium was featured in the Mel Brooks movie High Anxiety and the atrium elevators were in The Towering Inferno. This hotel is beautiful and something you don’t want to miss.
- $$$ Mandarin Oriental – 222 Sansome Street San Francisco, CA 94104 | 415-276-9888 – Located on the top 11 floors of a 48-story building, you’re guaranteed stunning views of the city’s skyline from the Golden Gate Bridge to San Francisco Bay. This hotel has luxurious new interiors with contemporary elegance that make each guest feel like royalty.
- $ Golden Boy Pizza – 542 Green Street San Francisco, CA 94133 | 415-982-9738 – The Golden Boy Pizza consists of fresh baked, delicious, foccacia with pizza toppings. Starting in 1978, this business has been making the perfect pizzas and is the place to go in San Francisco.
- $$ Hog Island Oyster Co – 1 Ferry Bldg Shop 11 San Francisco, CA 94111 | 415-391-7117 – Hog Island is known for their oysters from their farm. The oysters are prepared in a variety of ways and each have incredible flavor.
- $$$ Gary Danko – 800 N Point St San Francisco, CA 94109 | 415-749-2060 – Having a meal at one of America’s most talented and respected chefs’ restaurant is a wonderful experience. Gary Danko’s has amazing service and food that is to die for. Gary Danko’s 75 seat restuarant has received its sixth straight 5 Star rating from the Mobil Travel Guide and Gary received the ‘Best Chef in California Award’ from the James Beard Foundation.
- Fisherman’s Wharf Pier 39 Concourse #2 San Francisco, CA 94133 | 415-674-7503 – Get a taste of the history, culture, and ethnic pride of San Francisco here. The city’s fishing fleet has been around since the Gold Rush days and is still thriving today. Many of the Wharf’s internationally-acclaimed restaurants are operated by the families of the past generations.
- Golden Gate Bridge- One of the world’s most beautiful bridges, the Golden Gate Bridge is an internationally recognized symbol of San Francisco.
- Alcatraz - Learn about a part of San Francisco’s history on Alcatraz Island that was developed with facilities for a lighthouse, military fortification, a military prison, and a federal prison. Today, you can tour the island and see the many natural features like gardens, tide pools, bird colonies, and amazing bay views.
- San Francisco Giants 24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco, CA 94107 415-972-2000 - Home to the MLB Giants, San Francisco nights can be enjoyed at AT&T Park. Stop by for a game when you visit!
- May: Bay to Breakers - 12K race and fun run with costumes celebrating San Francisco’s diversity and raising money for local charities.
- http://www.thesfmarathon.com - Race is scheduled for June 16, 2013. 3 days later depart on a 10 nt. Alaska Prince cruise: Click to check rates on the June 19th, 2013 Grand Princess Alaska Cruise.
- Sept 7th – 22nd 2013, America’s Cup Finals in San Francisco: http://www.americascup.com/.
- Early October 2013, Fleetweek. See the parade of military vessels under the Golden Gate Bridge.
This spotlight only features one city from our eBook. We have included all of the port cities in the US to simplify your traveling experience. Our eBook is free to download, but hurry – it won’t be free for long!