Debuting Next Week: the Norwegian Getaway[box]Nothing quite like that new ship smell: Norwegian Getaway rates start at $549 with $100 Onboard Credits! Click here to search the deals.[/box]
Last year, the launch of the innovative Norwegian Breakaway took cruising to a whole new level. Now, her brand new sister ship, the Norwegian Getaway is bringing that same innovation to her home port of Miami, FL.
The Norwegian Getaway is getting ready to kick off her inaugural Caribbean season from Miami in just a few days. Not only will the Getaway include many of the same popular concepts from the Breakaway, but you will also find some new exclusive feature and concepts.
One big difference between the two is the overall theme to the ship. Much like the Norwegian Breakaway finding inspiration from New York, the Norwegian Getaway will take after her homeport as well. “Miami’s Ultimate Ship” will of course call Miami home where she will offer 7 night cruises to the Eastern Caribbean year-round.
While onboard you will definitely be able feel the Miami “sizzle”, with onboard spaces such as the Tropicana dining room, inspired by the glamor of the Fontainebleau in the 1950s, the sugar cane mojito bar and even more Latin-themed onboard spaces. Plus, one look at the artwork on the hull of the ship and there is no mistaking where this ship calls home!
Highlights of the Norwegian Getaway
Like the Norwegian Breakaway, the Norwegian Getaway is filled with many innovative features that you won’t find on any other cruise line. Here are just some of the highlights:
- The Waterfront, an oceanfront promenade that features a variety of bars and restaurants
- 678 Ocean Place, three decks of entertainment, shopping and dining venues
- The Haven, a private and exclusive suite complex
- Fireworks show on every cruise
- Up to 26 dining options
Exclusively on the Norwegian Getaway
- Tony Award nominated Broadway Musical Legally Blonde
- Illusionarium, a surreal magical entertainment and dining experience
- The Grammy Experience with live performances by Grammy-nominated artists among others
Norwegian Getaway for families
The Norwegian Getaway is a great choice when it comes to cruising with the family. From dedicated family staterooms to entertainment and activities for all ages to enjoy. Here are just some of the highlights that may be of interest to those traveling with a family:
- The Nickelodeon experience: special activities and events with your children’s favorite Nickelodeon characters
- Splash academy: the complimentary kids program for ages 3-12
- Entourage: the complimentary program for teenagers 13-17
- Aqua Park: This huge complex that is 17 decks above sea includes five multi-story slides, two swimming pools, four hot tubs and special water features
- Sports Complex: Three-stories filled with all sorts of activities including the largest ropes course at sea, a rock climbing wall, a 24-foot enclosed climbing cage called the Spider Web, a mini golf course, basketball court and bungee trampoline
Special Booking Bonus: $100 for ALL Norwegian Getaway Cruises
Right now when you book any 7 night Norwegian Getaway cruise by February 12th you will receive $100 onboard credit, on all categories. Plus, this offer is combinable with other select onboard credit offers![box]Search all Norwegian Getaway Cruises here. Rates start from just $549![/box]
Top Instagram Pictures of the Norwegian Getaway
The Norwegian Getaway is currently in New York City acting as a floating hotel for the super bowl before she makes her way to her homeport of Miami. And prior to the super bowl festivities, there was a special 2 night travel agent event. Check out the top 7 Norwegian Getaway Instagram pictures and videos from the event here![fblike]